Friends School prides itself in offering a high quality educational experience to those who will lead the next generation. To that end, we are seeking qualified individuals with the knowledge, education, skills and abilities to enhance the student experience at Friends School.
We encourage you to review the job postings below and submit the following to email@example.com : cover letter, resume, statement of educational philosophy, and three letters of professional references.
There are no positions open at this time.
If you would like to be included in the list of substitutes for Friends School, please complete the FSW application and forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the grades for which you feel qualified to substitute.
Friends School of Wilmington Employment Information
Friends School of Wilmington is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a generous benefit package to full-time faculty and staff.
Friends School of Wilmington seeks employees who:
Passionate about life-long learning, who embrace the Quaker mission of the school, and who can contribute productively to collaboration with colleagues;
Demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment to, Friends School’s Quaker philosophy and mission, and familiarity with Quaker worship, decision-making, and other Quaker processes;
- Are dedicated, conscientious and well matched to the professional demands of the school due to their education, diverse background and experiences, and special qualities of character and personality;
- Will maintain the highest personal and professional standards;
- Have relevant training and experience compatible with developmental theory and encompassing intellectual, physical, emotional, and spiritual growth;
- Are keen observers of children who can interpret academic and social/emotional observations based on current research of child development;
- Are well versed in age/grade level-appropriate academic content;
- Are excellent communicators, both verbally and in writing;
- Will maintain and communicate high expectations and firm boundaries with both children and adults in a consistently kind, clear and respectful manner;
- Can effectively coordinate the daily activities of students and respond to varied demands with integrity, energy, creativity, flexibility, and a sense of humor;
- Are team players with a demonstrated ability to work well with students, parents, and co-workers;
- Are open to learn from supervisors and colleagues and have the flexibility to blend into current classroom methodologies, routines and school traditions.