Friends School prides itself in offering a high quality educational experience to those who will lead the next generation. To that end, we seek qualified individuals with the knowledge, education, skills and abilities to enhance the student experience at Friends School.
Montessori Lead Teacher - Primary Pre-K
The Friends School of Wilmington is seeking a full-time Montessori Lead Teacher for a Primary Pre-K classroom for the 2017-2018 school year. The lead teacher is responsible for planning and implementing Montessori Primary Curriculum with the help of a part-time assistant and Extended Day in the afternoon. The lead teacher will be responsible for creating a nurturing, individualized, child-centered, “prepared environment” that enables each child to develop according to his/her inner needs, interests, and abilities.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Relevant teaching experience with Montessori certification.
- An understanding of FSW’s Quaker philosophy and mission.
- Experience in creating a Montessori classroom environment.
- Confidence in training an assistant teacher.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with students, parents, and co-workers.
We offer a competitive salary package, health insurance, a childcare discount, retirement benefits and a friendly and nurturing working environment.
Please provide three references along with your resume and statement of educational philosophy statement to Jane Lawrence at email@example.com
Afterschool Teacher Positions – for the 2016-2017 School Year
FSW seeks Afterschool Teachers for Kindergarten through 8th grade for activities such as:
Chess, Creative Writing, Music, Drumming, Yoga, Jewelry Making, Pinterest Boards, Soccer, T-Ball, Capture the Flag/ Flag Football, LEGO, Nature and Gardening. We are open to suggestions for other age appropriate activities.
1-2 afternoons per week 2:45-3:45 or 3:00-4:00pm.
Qualifications: Education major, afterschool or summer camp experience required. Experience working with children a must. Applicants must be responsible, reliable, punctual, and a team player. Complete our application and provide at least three personal/professional references.
Send application, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to be included in the list of substitutes for Friends School, please complete the FSW application and forward it to email@example.com. Please indicate the grades for which you feel qualified to substitute.
Friends School of Wilmington Employment Information
Friends School of Wilmington is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a generous benefit package to full-time faculty and staff.
Friends School of Wilmington seeks employees who are:
Passionate about life-long learning, who embrace the Quaker mission of the school, and who can contribute productively to collaboration with colleagues;
Demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment to, Friends School’s Quaker philosophy and mission, and familiarity with Quaker worship, decision-making, and other Quaker processes;
- Are dedicated, conscientious and well matched to the professional demands of the school due to their education, diverse background and experiences, and special qualities of character and personality;
- Will maintain the highest personal and professional standards;
- Have relevant training and experience compatible with developmental theory and encompassing intellectual, physical, emotional, and spiritual growth;
- Are keen observers of children who can interpret academic and social/emotional observations based on current research of child development;
- Are well versed in age/grade level-appropriate academic content;
- Are excellent communicators, both verbally and in writing;
- Will maintain and communicate high expectations and firm boundaries with both children and adults in a consistently kind, clear and respectful manner;
- Can effectively coordinate the daily activities of students and respond to varied demands with integrity, energy, creativity, flexibility, and a sense of humor;
- Are team players with a demonstrated ability to work well with students, parents, and co-workers;
- Are open to learn from supervisors and colleagues and have the flexibility to blend into current classroom methodologies, routines and school traditions.