Financial aid is based on need as principally determined through a FACTS Business Solutions for Education (FACTS) report and an application letter requesting a specific amount of assistance. Reapplication for financial aid is required annually. In the allocation of Financial Aid, families who are already enrolled at Friends School receive priority, if they apply before the first Financial Aid application deadline of February 15th.
Families who are already enrolled and need financial assistance with tuition:
- Will receive, via email, a Financial Aid application packet from the business office in order to reapply.
- Must complete the Grant & Aid Assessment application on-line through FACTS and complete and return the "Friends School of Wilmington Financial Aid Request" form to the business office by February 15th.
- Are encouraged to file their taxes early since the most current tax returns will be required.
If this deadline is met, the Business Manager will inform families of Financial Aid determinations as early as April. If a returning family misses this deadline, their request for Financial Aid will be considered with the requests of newly enrolling families.
Newly enrolling families or families not currently receiving Financial Aid, should:
- Request a Financial Aid packet from the business office.
- Complete the Grant & Aid Assessment application on-line through FACTS and complete and return the "Friends School of Wilmington Financial Aid Request" form to the business office.
Awards for newly enrolling families are considered once the student (s) has completed the admissions application process, been accepted, and returned the enrollment contract with a non-refundable payment of $100.00 towards the Reservation Fee.
After your Financial Aid form has been received, your request will be considered and you will receive a letter informing you about the amount of Financial Aid Friends School is able to offer. In order to receive the award, you must sign and return a copy of the letter accepting the award by the deadline stated in that letter. If you do not accept the award by the stated deadline, the funds will be awarded to another applicant.
If your financial needs should change during the year, you should contact the Business Manager. Depending on the availability of funds, Friends School may be able to provide Financial Aid, or adjust your award.