Head of School
Director of Advancement
Substitute Teacher - Preschool - 8th Grade
If you would like to be included in the list of substitutes for Friends School, please complete the FSW application and forward it to [email protected] Please indicate the grades for which you feel qualified to substitute.
Application for Substitute Teaching - All other roles please send resume and letter of interest.
FRIENDS SCHOOL OF WILMINGTON EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
Friends School of Wilmington is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a generous benefit package to full-time faculty and staff.
Passionate about life-long learning, who embrace the Quaker mission of the school, and who can contribute productively to collaboration with colleagues;
Demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment to, Friends School’s Quaker philosophy and mission, and familiarity with Quaker worship, decision-making, and other Quaker processes;
- Are dedicated, conscientious and well matched to the professional demands of the school due to their education, diverse background and experiences, and special qualities of character and personality;
- Will maintain the highest personal and professional standards;
- Have relevant training and experience compatible with developmental theory and encompassing intellectual, physical, emotional, and spiritual growth;
- Are keen observers of children who can interpret academic and social/emotional observations based on current research of child development;
- Are well versed in age/grade level-appropriate academic content;
- Are excellent communicators, both verbally and in writing;
- Will maintain and communicate high expectations and firm boundaries with both children and adults in a consistently kind, clear and respectful manner;
- Can effectively coordinate the daily activities of students and respond to varied demands with integrity, energy, creativity, flexibility, and a sense of humor;
- Are team players with a demonstrated ability to work well with students, parents, and co-workers;
- Are open to learn from supervisors and colleagues and have the flexibility to blend into current classroom methodologies, routines and school traditions.